[kde-linux] Building KDEPIM 4.7 from the GIT repository

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 21 22:30:31 UTC 2011

On 12/20/2011 09:35 PM, Duncan wrote:
> James Tyrer posted on Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:58:42 -0700 as excerpted:
>
>> On 12/19/2011 05:54 PM, Duncan wrote:
>>> James Tyrer posted on Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:56:26 -0700 as excerpted:

>>> Have you tried git bisect-ing the problem?
>
>> Yes, I have it down to the file and the changes in that file that broke
>> it.
>>
>> I upgraded GCC and now it builds -- my compiler was getting a bit old
>> although it isn't really safe to install the newest version either.
>>
>> But, that doesn't establish whether it was illegal code or not since the
>> GCC compilers will often compile code that isn't legal.
>
> You know how to frustrate a person, don't you? =:^(  You mention the old
> compiler that was broken with the code was a bit old, and that the new
> one isn't broken, but not a hint to be seen about what the actual version
> was of either one!<grr!>

I was still using 4.4.4 and have now upgraded to 4.5 (BLFS was up to
4.5.1).  I suppose that I could upgrade to 4.5.3 now that I have gone
through a major problem with upgrading ppl, cloog, gmp, mpfr, & mpc --
they need to be built with the current compiler and the compiler needs
to be be built with the current build -- not a circular dependency, but
still circular.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch