[kde-linux] Retain Favorites menu through upgrade to 4.7

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 00:41:49 UTC 2011

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Mark Knecht<markknecht at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> I think you are looking for this:
>>>
>>> /home/<user name>/.kde4/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
>>>
>>> That is where bookmarks/favorites are stored for Konqueror.  Is that what
>>> you are looking for?
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>> Thanks Dale. I imagine that's more or less the right general place,
>> but I don't know what to look for specifically  in there in terms of
>> finding the Favorites menu.
>>
>> I hope it's clear what I'm asking for. It's the links to applications
>> that I see when I first click on the blue KDE gear and have the yellow
>> star active.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mark
> I think I found it in something called kickoffrc:
>
> mark at c2stable ~ $ cat .kde4/share/config/kickoffrc
> [Favorites]
> FavoriteURLs=/usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop,/usr/share/applications/virtualbox.desktop,/usr/share/applications/vmware-player.desktop,/usr/share/applications/kde4/dolphin.desktop,/usr/share/applications/kde4/konsole.desktop,/usr/share/applications/xine.desktop,/usr/share/applications/ghb.desktop,/usr/share/applications/skype-skype.desktop,/usr/share/applications/kde4/kpat.desktop,/usr/share/applications/kde4/ksnapshot.desktop
>
> [KRunner]
> loadAll=false
>
> [KRunner][PlasmaRunnerManager]
> pluginWhiteList=places,shell,services,bookmarks,recentdocuments,locations
>
> [RecentlyUsed]
> Applications=kde4-konsole.desktop,vmware-player.desktop,skype-skype.desktop,firefox.desktop,virtualbox.desktop
> mark at c2stable ~ $
>
> I'll have to study to understand the meaning of things like
> 'firefox.desktop' though...
>
> - Mark

Yea, what I posted is not the same as that.  I don't think I ever lost
those setting when I upgraded tho.  I wonder if the fact that I stay
logged in until the upgrade is finished has something to do with it.
Hmmmmm.

Maybe Duncan will have some ideas on this.

Dale

:-)  :-)

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"