[kde-linux] Re: Individual Desktop Settings

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:36:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko at wonkology.org> wrote:
<SNIP>
>> What am I not understanding about your point?
>
> I think Duncan is just calling the application by its true and correct name,
> and not the misleading name the developers actually gave it.

So my true name is Joe and not the name my parents gave me? ;-)

For people newer to KDE (me, about 1 year) what should the name
'kcontrol' mean to me?

It makes no sense to me that we should start calling KDE apps by
anything other than

1) What I run in a terminal to execute the app.
2) What I see in the KDE menus to execute the app.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

- Mark