[kde-linux] Re: Panel widgets alwais to the left

Klaus Vink Slott list-s at vink-slott.dk
Tue Apr 12 07:44:42 UTC 2011

Hi Duncan and thanks for your answer

Tirsdag 12 april 2011 02:23:45 skrev Duncan:
> Klaus Vink Slott posted on Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:07:22 +0200 as excerpted:

> > Somehow my panel in the bottom of my right monitor have decided to
> > left adjust all widgets. Where do I change this setting?
[cut]
> > I am on OpenSUSE 11.3 with dual monitor and KDE 4.4.4
[cut]
> In fact, 4.4 was still what I called "release-candidate" quality
[cut]
> Thus, I'd really recommend upgrading to the last of the 4.5 releases,
I mostly agree with your opinion, but this is on my desktop at work, so I am
somewhat reluctant to upgrade. Stability and limited time to experiment is the
main focus here, this make me stick to the official OpenSUSE repositories. At
home I am running leading edge with all bells and whistle :-)

> But to directly address your question...
>
> Plasmoid (plasma widget) size and placement behavior in the panel has
> always been limited by the panel form-factor and the fact that plasma
> tries to auto-adjust plasmoids t*o fit.
[cut]
My question was mainly triggered by the fact that my clock and cpu load
normally resides in the right hand corner of my screen.

> That said, there *IS* a (partial) solution that MAY help you get what you
> want.  I had decidedly mixed results with it here, but it's worth a try,
> and can help in some instances.
>
> That solution is the "spacer" plasmoid.
[cut]
Got it!

So as I understand your answer, the icons on the bottom panel has always been
left adjusted - but a now forgotten spacer, task-switcher or other widget was
pushing my clock out to the right. That is absolutely understandable and I was
simply searching the for the wrong solution.

Thanks again.

--
Regards
Klaus