[kde-linux] KMail settings dont work on KDE-4.4.1

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Mar 26 11:25:24 UTC 2010

Anne Wilson posted on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:31:34 +0000 as excerpted:

> Hmm - the only thing I can think of that would cause it to be greyed out
> would be if kmailrc was read-only.  I can't think why it would be,
> though.

...  FWIW, that's $KDEHOME/share/config/kmailrc (where $KDEHOME defaults
to ~/.kde as shipped, if the var's unset, tho some distributions change
that to ~/.kde4 or the like).

Check permissions on that.  Here, I have 0600, which is read/write for
user only.  Also, while you're in that dir, try a quick "touch testfile"
or the like (that'd be in a terminal window, or just try saving another
file there).  Maybe the filesystem is damaged and got remounted read-only
or some such.  Perhaps you need to fsck it and remount read/write (or just
reboot, that'll hopefully fix it).