[kde-linux] KMail settings dont work on KDE-4.4.1

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Fri Mar 26 16:39:51 UTC 2010

Hi Anne, hi James and Hi Duncan,

On Friday 26 March 2010 10:31:34 you wrote:

> Hmm - the only thing I can think of that would cause it to be greyed out
>would  be if kmailrc was read-only.  I can't think why it would be, though.
> If you solve that part and want any help with the settings that should be
>for each template, let me know and I'll paste them for you.

As you may see, it is functioning now. Do not ask me how, I do not now it. But
reading your comments, I think I have an error:
I have  kmailrc under /home/edgar/.kde4/share/config/, with rw permissions for
owner, the file beeing owned by edgar/edgar. But I discovered another kmailrc
under /home/edgar/.kde/share/config/  with rw, the file being owned by
root/root. Perhaps this has generated the problems.
The one cent question:  Can I delete the /home/edgar/.kde kmailrc ? Why do I
have two kmailrc's ?
Thank you very much for the help !
Edgar