[kde-linux] Help needed: KAuth and SystemSettings.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Mar 25 13:11:12 UTC 2010

Anne Wilson posted on Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:56:22 +0000 as excerpted:

> When those of us using 'normal' distros can use the features it does
> suggest that you are missing something in your build/installation.

Not disagreeing, Anne... but perhaps substituting "other" for "normal"
would be less apt to cause offense.

Meanwhile, I think there were two elements to his post.  One was asking
the question, which you answered. =:^)

The second was blowing off steam.  I've been there as I'm sure most of us
have, all frustrated with things not working, having to post to find out
if it's just me, or if others have the issue too.  Recognizing that
legitimate need to blow off steam at times, and that the post is just that
and isn't really as negative as it may otherwise seem, is a good thing.
=:^)

Meanwhile, James, "falsely told", and "another instance of KDE releasing
new features that are seriously broken", without confirming the case first
(you /were/ asking, after all), doesn't exactly invite cheerful help,
either.  Perhaps "mistakenly told", and omitting the second bit until the
question was answered, would have been better.  But as I said, I
understand blowing off steam, and that it's not so easy to be cheerful
about it when you've been struggling with it for hours, perhaps days.

Just some personal observations.  If you wish, take them as worth what you
paid for them... =:^)