[kde-linux] Help needed: KAuth and SystemSettings.

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 08:56:22 UTC 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010 00:58:03 James Tyrer wrote:
> I was told that my problems were caused by my installation and
> configuration -- falsely told that I couldn't build it (apparently the
> developer didn't know the difference between building and
> configuration).  And now it looks like this is just another instance of
> KDE releasing new features that are seriously broken.  Although I have
> to admit that it is difficult to tell if you have something installed
> and configured correctly when it is broken and wouldn't work correctly
> in any case.

James, you know well enough that the fact that something doesn't work on your
installation does not automatically mean that KDE have released something in a
'seriously broken' state.  When those of us using 'normal' distros can use the
features it does suggest that you are missing something in your
build/installation.

As for your specifics - to change the time zone requires root permission, as
does renicing a process, and yes, they do work.

KDE Community Working Group