[kde-linux] Off Time Cron of Akonadi, Nepomuk

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Mar 15 07:36:37 UTC 2010

It is no secret that latest and greatest KDE4 is even slower to get started.
Problem is still all those background processes from Akonadi and Nepomuk.

Would it be possible to cron these for all users to off hours? The user's data
can be synched, indexed or whatever required at 2 AM leaving more minimal
resynching for when the user actually logs and and uses KDE. The ones active
on login need be properly niced and ioniced.

If recoll's indexer can run nicely, gracefully in the background (I start it
on kde startup), then our stuff can as well.