[kde-linux] Sidux uses Kubuntu KDE version for desktop

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 18:10:05 UTC 2010

sent from the research lab at http://networksecuritynews.net

On Mar 15, 2010 5:25 PM, "denis" <fprckq at shaw.ca> wrote:

On Sunday 14 March 2010 19:47:40 Steven Crooks wrote:
> On Sunday 14 March 2010 22:53:03 denis wrote...
> > that attempt may have corrupted my home directory, and  ther

> > problems I'm experiencing are caused by my home directory.
> > Would any one have any idea how I...
Hi Steven,
yep you're correct, I reloaded the home from Kubuntu into Sidux. I will copy
all the important stuff into a new home directory as you suggest. I tried
that
already yesterday and copied what I thought was only program data files over
into a separate directory which I then tarred and copied to a separate disk.
Then I wiped the Sidux disk with Dban, reinstalled Sidux, unpacked the home
directory and when prompted to use the KDE3 settings for KDE4 the screen
went
to the kubuntu desktop again. What a mess.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

cheers,
Denis