[kde-linux] Unwanted Renice Problem

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Mar 7 16:11:14 UTC 2010

KDE4.3 starts up fine. Then after a while, ALL its processes get reniced to 39
19. Anything run from kickoff or yakuake is run 39 19. Nothing works well.

Previous (sub-) version prioritized kde stuff to 40 0. This actually worked
well (I do not fully understand how or why). Most recent upgrades went back to
the 20 0 (normal) execution. Last upgrade (bug?) has been renicing 39 19.

I have to manually renice 20 0 stuff like kmail, the browser and plasma-
desktop to do anything. Still problematic because it is not all that simple.

Ideas? Bug report? Fix?

(Running most recent kde version off Debian Sid-unstable.)