[kde-linux] KDE 4.4: seeking to bind `Windows List Settings' to middle-mouse click

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Jun 24 21:34:38 UTC 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Thursday 24 June 2010 at 5:19 pm, Duncan penned
about "Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4.4: seeking to bind `Windows List Settings' to	middle-mouse click"

> Yes, it's possible, but you're looking in the wrong place. =:^/

heh heh!

> [ snipped ]
>
> The action you want is the "Switch Window" action.

Ah!  Gotcha!  Very sweet.  That's _exactly_ what I was looking for!
Thank you Duncan for the detailed respone.

> People sometimes lose that configuration, and without the
> right-click menu, don't know how to get to the config to get it
> back, as it doesn't occur to them to try the cashew.

I configured the `cashew' away by using the `Desktop Settings' ->
`Plain Desktop'

For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to bring it back.  :o

I restored to logging out and resetting
`~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc':

   plugin=plaindesktop  => plugin=desktop

   (or was it `desktopplain' :)

Luckily I have another machine from which I was able to login and
figure out the correct .config file.

Anyway, I'm sidetracked!  :)  ... Duncan, _thank_ you!!!!

btw, I've filed five or six KDE bugs on `openSUSE 11.3 RC1'

I have another bug which is an `eye candy bug' ... I'm not sure
whether `openSUSE' will accept it because I'm not using the `nouveau'
gfx driver.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)