[kde-linux] kppp

jim jimtrish at att.net
Thu Jan 7 18:43:11 UTC 2010

On Friday, 2010-01-01, falkengeist at surfbest.net wrote:
> Not sure if this is the correct forum or not.  I couldn't find
> anything specifically dealing with kppp.  If I'm in the wrong place,
> please give me some direction.  If I'm in the right place, please
> give me some help.
>
> I'm currently using Xandros Linux, it's KDE/Deb for those of you not
> familiar with it.  I think it's great, and I've been using it for
> years.  Unfortunately, I understand that it will no longer be
> offered, and it actually hasn't been updated in 3 years.  This has
> caused some issues with current hardware drivers, especially CD/DVD.
> I want to move on to something that's current and updated on a
> regular basis.  I've tried Fedora, SUSE, Mandriva, Mepis, and
> Kubuntu.  I have the same problem with everyone.

< SNIP>

Here is some more info, if you dont have your kppp working yet.
The Feb and Mar 2002 issues of Linux Journal had a two part
series on "Configuring pppd in Linux", that was very detailed.
It may be of some help. You may be able to access copies of the
articles thru their web site (www.linuxjournal.com).

Regards,
Jim Phelps