[kde-linux] Black screen in KDE 4

Wolfgang Mueller wm at ariannuccia.de
Sat Jan 2 15:35:07 UTC 2010

First of all, I wish a Happy New Year to all of you.

A few days ago, I installed SuSE 11.2 with KDE 4.3.1-2.4.
After some work, the screen became black, and shutting down and
restarting /usr/bin/xdm did not help. So, the only possibility to
obtain a visible screen again is reinstalling SuSE 11.2. This night
I did that, but after about 14 hours, the screen got black again.

Having two users, I found out an interesting detail: If the screen has
become black for one user, it becomes black for the other user, too.

Now, tired of reinstalling the whole system again, I expect your
advises. Do you think I should try another distro, e.g. Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang