[kde-linux] KDE 4 and monitor powering off.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Feb 27 04:44:56 UTC 2010

Dale posted on Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:52:44 -0600 as excerpted:

> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:

I don't know what this bit is all about, but it's obviously some strangely
borked setting in either gmail or chrome...

>> I don't know if it affects everything or not.  But now that you know
>> how to set it, you can setup a little script that sets it long, and
>> another that sets it short, and put one in the kde startup dir and one
>> in the shutdown dir...
>>
> I found a directory for the shutdown but I can't find a startup
> directory.  Where does this go?  Also, do I just put the script in there
> and it will run or do I need to do something "special" for KDE to run
> it?

See kcontrol, personal, about me, paths, autostart path.

It's interesting that the autostart path is configurable there, but the
dir for things to run at kde shutdown isn't.  I wonder why...

You can also use the kcontrol autostart module to setup autostart items.
That's under advanced user settings.  But I think all it does is create
the *.desktop file, script or symlink in the autostart dir for you.

> I just found out this setting does not survive a logout/login.  So, I
> have to do it this way I guess.

I knew it wouldn't survive an X shutdown/restart, but I didn't know
whether it'd survive a logout to a *DM X based login screen.  I take the
above to mean it doesn't?