[kde-linux] Time Zone settings etc.

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed Feb 24 10:33:17 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 February 2010 16:09:36 Kevin Krammer wrote:

> Acquiring elevated priviledges is now handled through KAuth which in
turn
> performs priviledged actions through policykit or polkit (always forget
> which one is the current one and which one the future one).
>
> Maybe one of these is missing in your build.

Hi Kevin,

indeed, I had'nt build any polkit's or policykits. But I need a little help to
do that:
I could download polkit-qt and polkit-qt-1 from
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport/polkit-qt
However, both cmakes ask for a lot of packages like polkit-agent-1,
polkit-gobject-1,polkit-dbus,polkit-grant. I could not find this packages
googling.

Some questions:
1.) do I need polkit-qt _and_ polkit-qt-1 or are they alternatives ?
what are the differences to policy kit
2.) where can I download all the packages I need ?
3.) do the BLFS-Book instructions (  svn-20100221 ) for polkit-0.94,
PolicyKit-0.9 applay for KDE-4.4.0 ? I mean, could I proceed according ?

Sorry if I am making nasty questions; I am not a distributor, but I think
the experiences of a "scratch" man could also be interesting for the
developers.

Thank you very much. Perhaps James could assist me also a little
Cheers,
Edgar