[kde-linux] KDE config difficulty

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 22:37:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:03:05 -0700 (PDT)
George R Goffe <grgoffe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm running FC12 with KDE-4.4.2 and I'm trying to change the mouse pointer
> in the desktop from the "little white hand" I have now to an arrow. I have
> tried several "mouse" schemes in the KDE config dialogues (settings->system
> settings->keyboard & mouse->mouse->theme) but none seems to be taking
> effect. My system is up to date with Fedora and KDE.
>
> I'm reasonably sure it's my problem but can not seem to make this change.
>
> Does anyone have any hints or tips please?
>
> Regards,
>
> George...
>

> "It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so."
> Wil Rogers

Pointer theme changes working fine in kde 4.4.2 rel 3 here on openSuSE 11.3
Do other themes show up but just won't change?  What happens when you click
on the apply button?

You might try editing ~/.kde4/share/config/kcminputrc (or wherever fedora
puts it) and changing the theme there by hand to see if that works.

HTH, Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSuSE 11.3-M5 x86_64