[kde-linux] [SOLVED] Re: Korganizer no longer opens from system tray

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Sep 12 08:09:09 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:12:30 +0100 as excerpted:

> When people keep their cool and investigate, giving as clear information
> as they can, it is no hardship to try to help.  I'm just glad you got
> your solution.  And, may I say, glad also that you took the trouble to
> explain your resolution.  It might save a lot of time for someone
> reading the archives later.

++

That's one of the bonuses of lists and newsgroups, etc.  One never knows
how many folks there are learning and benefiting in the shadows.  Which
is one reason my sig says list replies preferred.  If it's on the list/
newsgroup/web-forum, chances are at least /someone/ else will benefit,
and often, dozens.  Sometimes, that person is me, and more often, it
might not be me directly, but someone else I end up helping based on some
side comment that may well have been totally off topic for the list and
thread it was on, and only a quick aside no one had any idea it'd help
someone, especially two months and a list removed from the original
comment. =:^)  That just doesn't happen as much when it's private mail,
for the simple reason few enough see it, that the one actually needing
the info or finding someone who does, probably won't have been a party to
that private mail.  Altho there are times when private mail is only
appropriate, as well.