[kde-linux] Annoying Dolphin Feature?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 9 08:18:59 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 09 September 2009 02:56:28 Duncan wrote:
> david posted on Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:35:13 -1000 as excerpted:
> > I find Dolphin itself incredibly annoying, so would suggest using a real
> > file manager like Konqueror or MC. ;-)
>
> I'm definitely an mc user here (was it you I had the thread with
> earlier?), definitely preferring it for sysadmin type activities.
> However, I prefer dolphin or gwenview to konqueror for user type
> activities.  I thus don't use konqueror for filemanagement much at all
> anymore, only for web surfing.

Bear in mind that the guts of konqueror and dolphin are shared code.  The
difference is that dolphin now has several features that konqueror never had.
If you don't like them and don't use them, you can continue to use konqueror
(or mc, if like Duncan you prefer it).

> Meanwhile, I've never seen that "feature" as regarding dolphin, only in
> general due to bad single-click delay settings (as Steven suggested), or
> when my wireless trackball batteries are almost dead and it's therefore a
> hardware problem.

Yes, very infrequently my mouse goes crazy - largely due, I suspect, to my
ineptitude in getting off the button quickly enough.  I prefer single-click
myself.

> If someone's used to double-click, tho, I can certainly see how single-
> click could be very annoying/frustrating!  And Steven did mention where
> to configure that, so I'm mostly posting to throw in my 2 cents worth on
> the mc/konqueror/gwenview/dolphin thing. =:^)

Systemsettings > keyboard and mouse > mouse - if you want to change to/from
single-click.