[kde-linux] Annoying Dolphin Feature?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Sep 9 01:56:28 UTC 2009

david posted on Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:35:13 -1000 as excerpted:

> I find Dolphin itself incredibly annoying, so would suggest using a real
> file manager like Konqueror or MC. ;-)

I'm definitely an mc user here (was it you I had the thread with
earlier?), definitely preferring it for sysadmin type activities.
However, I prefer dolphin or gwenview to konqueror for user type
activities.  I thus don't use konqueror for filemanagement much at all
anymore, only for web surfing.

Meanwhile, I've never seen that "feature" as regarding dolphin, only in
general due to bad single-click delay settings (as Steven suggested), or
when my wireless trackball batteries are almost dead and it's therefore a
hardware problem.

If someone's used to double-click, tho, I can certainly see how single-
click could be very annoying/frustrating!  And Steven did mention where
to configure that, so I'm mostly posting to throw in my 2 cents worth on
the mc/konqueror/gwenview/dolphin thing. =:^)