[kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 27 16:19:12 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 16:55 jim wrote:
> I just encountered this last nite. It may be related to
> earlier postings on various KDE 4.x print problems, or
> it may be specific to Okular.
> When attempting to print a 10.6"x7.6" PNG or EPS file using Okular,
> it is consistently printed in 'portrait' mode, even after
> selecting 'landscape' mode in the 'Printer-Properties' dialog.
> I tried rotating the image 90 deg in Okular and printing
> in  'portrait' mode, but the output image was still aligned
> across the page. This, of course, truncates about 1/5 of the image.

Strangely, my A4 landscape PDF file (in Okular) identified correctly as
'landscape' but printed as 'portrait'; selecting 'portrait' made it print
correctly.

I haven't tried to print landscape .odf files yet.

   Irina

--
Time flies like a banana.
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi       Latest: 26-Oct-2009