[kde-linux] KWrite/printer problem

Bogus Zaba bogsub at bogzab.plus.com
Fri Oct 9 19:55:29 UTC 2009

jim wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:10:21 +0100 Anne Wilson wrote:
>

>> As for the comment about no-one caring about losing lines - that's about as
>> silly as it can get, and not worthy of a reply.
>>

> Maybe not, can you do me a favour? Compose a text file similar to
> ''Line 1"<CR>, "Line 2"<CR>, etc. for a total of approximately 70 lines. Save
> it and then load it into KWrite and print it. The type of printer
> should not matter. Let me know if all the lines and headers/footers
> are printed correctly.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Phelps

I did as you suggested above. Lines 1-77 printed on page 1 of my HP
inkjet and Lines 78-80 were on page 2. KWrite generated its own header
and footer text above and below the file content on both pages. My setup
always seems to default to US letter paper despite I keep re-setting to
A4 when I print. Never got to the bottom of why this was. BTW this is
all KDE 3.5.10 so may have nothing to do with your problem. This list
seems to be mainly about 4.x these days.