[kde-linux] KWrite/printer problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:44:53 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009 12:31:46 david wrote:
> I'll be adding VuScan to my collection when I add a negative scanner.

Unless their policy has changed, you can try before you buy.  The result is
watermarked and unusable, but at least you can see whether it works with your
hardware, and whether the result is better than xsane's.

> >> Conclusion: Bruce's mail software doesn't send paragraphs wrapped
> >> properly. ;-)
> >
> > Really?  It looks fine here.
>
> After I told Icedove here to wrap the lines - it wrapped his entire post
> (originally just 4 long single paragraphs, each a single line) into a
> single block of text. His mail software has characteristics of MS Outlook.
>
> There's reasons why the email convention is to have blank lines between
> paragraphs. ;-)

I think he's a yahoo user, and that wouldn't give him much configuration
choice.  KMail seems to have coped well with it.