[kde-linux] KWrite/printer problem

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Oct 9 05:15:30 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 08 October 2009 12:31:46 david wrote:
>> I'll be adding VuScan to my collection when I add a negative scanner.
>>
> Unless their policy has changed, you can try before you buy.  The result is
> watermarked and unusable, but at least you can see whether it works with your
> hardware, and whether the result is better than xsane's.

You can try before you buy. I don't have a negative scanner yet, but a
friend of mine bought Vuscan quite awhile ago and I don't need to try it
to see if I like it. I like it. I just don't need it for my little Canon
flatbed scanner - QTInsane works very well for me (I only scan graphics,
not text).

>>> Really?  It looks fine here.
>> After I told Icedove here to wrap the lines - it wrapped his entire post
>> (originally just 4 long single paragraphs, each a single line) into a
>> single block of text. His mail software has characteristics of MS Outlook.
>>
>> There's reasons why the email convention is to have blank lines between
>> paragraphs. ;-)
>>
> I think he's a yahoo user, and that wouldn't give him much configuration
> choice.  KMail seems to have coped well with it.

Yah, probably other mail clients would cope with it, too. I'll stick
with Thunderbird/Icedove.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com