[kde-linux] Debugging kio slaves

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Mon Oct 5 19:18:25 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Updated my Mandriva 2009.1 KDE 4.2.x to the 4.3.1 in kde.org and am seeing
problems with my ftp:// access not working. As I quite seldom visit ftp sites
this problem might even be from the last update from Mandriva 2009.0 to 2009.1
(KDE3 -> KDE4).

Keeps telling me that "The program that gives you access to the protocol
ftp://aaa.xxx.ccc died unexpectedly"

As this works fine downstairs in my self compiled environment I am sure it is a
configuration or "double library" problem. But my problem is finding out where
things go wrong as kio_ftp is not called directly and it seems to very hard to
intercept what is going on.

My questions are:
- Has anyone seem and solved a similar problem?
- Any hints on how to attack the problem.

In hope of good advice
Dag