[kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista sidebar/clock thing?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Oct 5 23:14:53 UTC 2009

david posted on Sun, 04 Oct 2009 22:51:25 -1000 as excerpted:

> Windows Vista has a desktop widget thing (I think they call it the Side
> Bar?) that shows some news headlines in a vertical list and a big analog
> clock. My wife saw that on my parents' Windows Vista PC - and now she
> wants that on her desktop. Sigh.
>
> Anything like it for KDE?

In addition to the suggestions of the others, there's a plasmoid
available for download on kdelook with the purpose of cloning the MS
sidebar for KDE.  I was looking for something else and not much
interested in it when I came across it, so IDR that much more about it,
including the name, but it's there, if you're interested in searching for
it.