[kde-linux] KDE and mounted home directory (again)

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:18:51 UTC 2009

James,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:11 PM, James Tyrer <jrtyrer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> To be a little more specific, you have to have local temporary file space to
> run KDE.  Normally, this would be in: "/tmp/" which is the directory that is
> normally cleared when you boot and the place where the sockets will be put.
>  You would normally set the environment variable:

[skip]

Thanks a lot, this helped. For the record, I had to redefine the
location of the ICEauthority file also to be on the local filesystem
because it could not be locked while on a sshfs-mounted filesystem.

Duncan: you were right, this is KDE 3.5 (not sure what made me think
it was 4.x, perhaps out of my unfamiliarity)

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web