[kde-linux] Unpopulated Control-Center window

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Mon Nov 30 16:21:27 UTC 2009

After installing openSuSE v11.2 with KDE on my notebook machine, I choose
to back-fit it with KDE3. After doing this and rebooting, I find (so far)
one serious problem: When I load Control Center, it is completely
unpopulated. The right and left sub-windows are there, but there are no
icons or text within them.

I have not found a description of this problem on the 'Net, although there
are lots of other problems with, e.g. Control Center missing altogether.

Apparently all or most of the files connectedd with Control Center are
present on the machine.

I'd be grateful for advice on how to restore this functionality.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on