[kde-linux] KDE 4. Trying to get it working like I need it to.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 14:21:18 UTC 2009

James Tyrer wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>
>> That's all I have found.
>>

> run in a Konsole:
>
> 	env |grep XDG
>
> and post output.
>
> Sorry that this isn't getting anywhere and is getting complicated.
> Elsewhere I have complained that KDE-4 is dependent on complicated
> libraries with obscure configuration.

This one is as root:

root at smoker ~ # env |grep XDG
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share
root at smoker ~ #

This is as the user dale:

dale at smoker / $ env |grep XDG
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share
dale at smoker / $

Looks the same to me but just in case it matters.  I'm headed back to
KDE 3 for a while.

It's getting somewhere.  I have learned that KDE 4 is a LOT more
complicated than KDE 3.  That's progress at least.

Dale

:-)  :-)