[kde-linux] KDE 4. Trying to get it working like I need it to.

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Nov 10 12:31:06 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, 2009-11-10, Dale wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Strange, the test report in your first mail says this:
> >
> > File content of '/home/dale/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc':
> >
> > The file will be created (using the defaults inside the application) if
> > it doesn't exist when Akonadi server starts.
> > However, since akonadictl crashes, it might not get that far.
> >
> > Still strange that your test report reports values from a file that isn't
> > there :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> This is weird.  I looked for this file the other day and it was not
> there.  It is now tho.
>
> root at smoker / # ls /home/dale/.config/akonadi/
> total 8
> drwxr-xr-x  2 dale users 112 Oct 10 14:36 .
> drwx------ 11 dale users 360 Oct  9 14:25 ..
> -rw-r--r--  1 dale users 156 Oct 10 14:36 akonadiserverrc
> -rw-r--r--  1 dale users  26 Oct 10 14:36 akonadiserverrc~
> root at smoker / # cat /home/dale/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
> [%General]
> Driver=QSQLITE

Try to change (as user dale to make sure it stays owned correctly) this line
above to
Driver=QMYSQL

> [QMYSQL]
> Name=akonadi_jedd
> User=akonadi_jedd
> Password=secret
> Options=
> ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld
> StartServer=false

and this line to
StartServer=true

Check that /usr/sbin/mysqld exists.
If not the path could be different on Gentoo.

Then (still user dale) run the following command

akonadictl start

That should start the whole system, unless there is still something else
wrong.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring