[kde-linux] KDE 4. Trying to get it working like I need it to.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:46:40 UTC 2009

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2009-11-10, Dale wrote:
>
>> This is weird.  I looked for this file the other day and it was not
>> there.  It is now tho.
>>
>> root at smoker / # ls /home/dale/.config/akonadi/
>> total 8
>> drwxr-xr-x  2 dale users 112 Oct 10 14:36 .
>> drwx------ 11 dale users 360 Oct  9 14:25 ..
>> -rw-r--r--  1 dale users 156 Oct 10 14:36 akonadiserverrc
>> -rw-r--r--  1 dale users  26 Oct 10 14:36 akonadiserverrc~
>> root at smoker / # cat /home/dale/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
>> [%General]
>> Driver=QSQLITE
>>

> Try to change (as user dale to make sure it stays owned correctly) this line
> above to
> Driver=QMYSQL

Well, I have made some changes on this end.  That is why I have been
gone a while.  I switched from the sqlite thingy to MySQL.  I then
deleted this file so that it would create a brand spanking new one.
This is what is in there now.

root at smoker ~ # cat /home/dale/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL
SizeThreshold=4096
ExternalPayload=false

[QMYSQL]
Name=akonadi
User=
Password=
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/dale/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld
StartServer=true

[Debug]
Tracer=null
root at smoker ~ #

>> [QMYSQL]
>> Name=akonadi_jedd
>> User=akonadi_jedd
>> Password=secret
>> Options=
>> ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld
>> StartServer=false
>>

> and this line to
> StartServer=true
>
> Check that /usr/sbin/mysqld exists.
> If not the path could be different on Gentoo.
>
> Then (still user dale) run the following command
>
> akonadictl start
>
> That should start the whole system, unless there is still something else
> wrong.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

I still got a error but it wouldn't stay up there long enough for me to
save it.  I'll try to go faster next time so that I can post it.

Dale

:-)  :-)