[kde-linux] Keyboard layout problem

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Fri May 22 22:41:04 UTC 2009

this maybe a little OT, but it is KDE related too, so plese help me...

Here in Brazil we use accents like "áãç". My keyboard is US, so I use
the alt-intl Variant. I can do this with the command:
   setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant alt-intl

The problem is that DOSEMU gets confused with that and I have to revert
to basic with the command:
   setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant basic

But this is a *global setting* :(

WHAT I WANT is a ay to set that just for one application, is it possible?

I have it working with a double layout, with an icon in systray to
select them. But this is not practical...

Thanks,
Alain
PS: Using Ubuntu 8.04