[kde-linux] Keyboard layout problem

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Sat May 23 06:38:25 UTC 2009

On Friday 22 May 2009 17:41, Alain M. wrote:
> this maybe a little OT, but it is KDE related too, so plese help
> me...
>
> Here in Brazil we use accents like "áãç". My keyboard is US, so I use
> the alt-intl Variant. I can do this with the command:
>    setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant alt-intl
>
> The problem is that DOSEMU gets confused with that and I have to
> revert to basic with the command:
>    setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant basic
>
> But this is a *global setting* :(
>
> WHAT I WANT is a ay to set that just for one application, is it
> possible?
>
> I have it working with a double layout, with an icon in systray to
> select them. But this is not practical...
>
> Thanks,
> Alain
> PS: Using Ubuntu 8.04

Hello, Alain --
I do not have quite the environment that you have, so all I can do is
ask a question of you.  Is it possible for you to have a suitable
global setting -- and a different "preference" or "setting" in the
applications which should be in Brazilian Portuguese?  That is, instead
of changing the global setting, can you change the application setting?

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us