[kde-linux] KDE4 and Nvidia 7000M

Edson Marquezani Filho edsonmarquezani at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 19:21:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have just upgraded my KDE (on a Debian Squeeze box) to 4.2.2 , and I
have been experiencing some problems with it since then.
The very first thing I noticed was this[1]. (Pay attention at the K menu).
Next, I enabled desktop effects and things got worse. See what
happened with Konsole, for example. [2] Not just with Konsole, but
many things got messed up too.
Altough I have already disabled effects, I still get (what I guess to
be) rendering issues like shown at [1].

I have a Acer 7520, and my video card is a Nvidia 7000M.

Does anybody has already experienced something like that? Any help
would be very welcome.

Thank you.

[1] http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/833/kmenu.png
[2] http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9666/konsoley.png