[kde-linux] KDE4 and Nvidia 7000M

Jonathan jhhummel at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 8 12:25:04 UTC 2009

     1.

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 16:21:19 -0300
> From: Edson Marquezani Filho <edsonmarquezani at gmail.com>
> Subject: [kde-linux] KDE4 and Nvidia 7000M
> To: kde-linux at kde.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just upgraded my KDE (on a Debian Squeeze box) to 4.2.2 , and I
> have been experiencing some problems with it since then.
> The very first thing I noticed was this[1]. (Pay attention at the K menu).
> Next, I enabled desktop effects and things got worse. See what
> happened with Konsole, for example. [2] Not just with Konsole, but
> many things got messed up too.
> Altough I have already disabled effects, I still get (what I guess to
> be) rendering issues like shown at [1].
>
> I have a Acer 7520, and my video card is a Nvidia 7000M.
>
> Does anybody has already experienced something like that? Any help
> would be very welcome.
>
> Thank you.
>
> [1] http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/833/kmenu.png
> [2] http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9666/konsoley.png

I have a similar looking issue, except my computer all but locks up when
this intermittently happens. I think I have an Nvidia 8800 GT graphics
card with a phenom processor.

Essentially, when it does look up, it will keep playing and shuffling
music in amarok fine, (On that point, I know this is not the right
place, but why is amarok a spelling mistake in evolution?) Even if I am
printing, it will finish all spooled documents correctly (a big thing on
my old colour inkjet printer - again what's with the spell check?!)

Cheers

Jon