[kde-linux] And on to KDE-4.3

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Jun 5 19:08:13 UTC 2009

IIUC, the KDE-4.2 branch is done and no further maintenance will be done
on it (perhaps releasing it was a mistake).  So, I now turn my attention
to the KDE-4.3 even though there hasn't been an actual release yet.

Seem to have (partially?) fixed the problem with MessageBus so I can at
least start KDE-4.3 manually from a Vt.

I find two problems so far:

KAppFinder doesn't work.  Well it appears to work.  I click "Scan" and
can select applications, but I click the "Apply" button and they do not
appear in the menu.

The Network monitor widget doesn't find my DSL connected to eth0 --
there is nothing in the list of "Network Interfaces"

So, although a lot of what I regard as serious bugs have been fixed, I
still have problems.

Also, it appears that some of the applets I used on the Panel in KDE-3.5
have still not been ported to KDE-4: "Bookmarks", "Settings", "Window
List".  I find that "Folder View" can be used on the Panel in place of
"Quick Browser" or is it the other way round?

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch