[kde-linux] KsCD missing a number of its "extra" buttons

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Jul 13 23:41:13 UTC 2009

AG <computing.account at googlemail.com> posted 4A5B9D2D.5090703 at gmail.com,
excerpted below, on  Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:46:37 +0100:

> KsCD (KDE4) doesn't have several of its buttons by which it can be
> configured.  These include a meaningful configuration option, "extras",
> ways of identifying the CDDB database, etc.

This is often due to a screwed up configuration, perhaps due to having
kde3 and kde4 versions overwriting each other at some point.  I don't
have time ATM to find the specific files, but for the user, they're
usually under  ~/.kde/share/apps/* (if it has a whole config dir) or
~/.kde/share/config/* (if it's a single rc file).

Of course, ~/.kde can be a versioned form ~/.kde4 or whatever, as well.

It could be the system config normally under /usr/share/<same subdirs>,
also, but that's less commonly screwed up unless the distribution screwed
it, or unless the sysadmin went editing the system config.

I'd suggest simply deleting (or renaming) the config, particularly the
user config, with the application shut down of course, then restart it
and it should write a new config.