[kde-linux] Deleting the Selection
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
bss at iguanasuicide.net
Wed Jul 8 22:08:14 UTC 2009
Please take a moment and try these simple steps:
1. Start konsole
2. Start konqueror
3. Navigate to anywhere.
4. Double-click the address bar to select all the text there.
5. Click on the konsole window.
6. Click on the konqueror window.
WTF! The address fscking disappeared!
Is this configurable? It is really irking me. Can others confirm?
I paste from the selection all the time, and having it disappear due to
focus changing is starting to wear on me. Per paste, it only add one click
to the action -- over a 8 hour work day it adds hundreds of clicks to my
I've also seen similar bugs:
A. (Must be a KMail user)
1. Start kmail or kontact. (If using kontact, switch to the Mail
2. Choose "Settings" -> "Configure KMail..." from the Menu Bar.
3. Click on any identity.
4. Prepare your eyes, you must watch the next dialog quickly.
5. Click "Modify..."
OMGWTF! It auto-selected and deleted my "Full Name".
B. 1. Start konqueror.
2. Navigate to a page with at least one image.
3. Right-click an image.
4. Get ready to look fast again.
5. Choose "Save Image As..." from the pop-up menu.
OMG.WTF.BBQ! It auto-selected the part of the filename before the extension
and deleted it!
I don't know if this is a Qt bug or a KDE bug but it is fscking annoying.
Again, can anyone confirm? Perhaps this is fixed in 4.3; I'm still using
4.2.x on both openSUSE and Debian.
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss at iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the kde-linux