[kde-linux] Can KDE 4, run in Xinerama mode or Dual independent head without Xrandr 1.2 or 1.3?

Anuar, Nuhairi nuhairi.anuar at intel.com
Wed Jul 8 06:40:21 UTC 2009

Can KDE 4, run in Xinerama mode or Dual independent head without Xrandr 1.2 or 1.3?
I'm running KDE 4 with Fedora 10 with a graphic driver that does not support Xrandr 1.2/1.3. I tried to set up 2 monitors with Xinerama or DIH, but what only one monitor got  kde desktop. The other screen is blank (xinit background, cursor can go there, window can open there also).  There was no taskbar, no desktop backround on the secondary screen. Only blank grey background.

I think the reason of this behavious is that the grahic driver I use cannot support Xrandr 1.2/1.3.