[kde-linux] Custom Keyboard Layout

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue Feb 17 13:45:47 UTC 2009

> [: Andreas Waldenburger :]
> [...] In 3.5 I used to modify the symbols file for my country, fiddle with
> xorg.lst a bit and boom, I could switch layouts at my heart's desire.
> [...]

Switcher in KDE4 no longer parses some of XKB data files by itself, as the
one in KDE3 used to do, but uses an external library dedicated to that
purpose. That's where the change comes from.

So, to get custom layout into the switcher, now you need to edit base.xml
too (I think *.lst files are even not at all relevant any more, but not
sure).

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)