[kde-linux] KDM and changing the clock

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 01:30:02 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I use Gentoo Linux and have both KDE 3.5.10 and 4.2.0 installed.  My
question is in regards to the clock on what I guess is still the KDM
login screen.  This is the first screen that shows up after X starts and
where you put in the login name and password.

On mine, there is a clock in the bottom right corner that shows the hour
and minutes.  I would like it to also show the seconds on that clock or
change it to the analog clock that has the little hour, minute and
second hands.  Either will be fine.

I did search and find out how to get into admin mode but I can't figure
out where or if I can change that little bit.  I looked in System
Settings > Advanced tab > Login Manager but still no worky.  I also
changed themes but still no go.

Any ideas?  Is this on the wish list?

Dale

:-)  :-)