[kde-linux] KDM and changing the clock

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:22:01 UTC 2009

Max K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:30:02 -0600
> > From: rdalek1967 at gmail.com
> > To: kde-linux at kde.org
> > Subject: [kde-linux] KDM and changing the clock
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I use Gentoo Linux and have both KDE 3.5.10 and 4.2.0 installed. My
> > question is in regards to the clock on what I guess is still the KDM
> > login screen. This is the first screen that shows up after X starts and
> > where you put in the login name and password.
> >
> > On mine, there is a clock in the bottom right corner that shows the hour
> > and minutes. I would like it to also show the seconds on that clock or
> > change it to the analog clock that has the little hour, minute and
> > second hands. Either will be fine.
>
> in /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc, look for the following lines:
>
> # What should be shown in the greeter's logo are:
> # "None" - nothing
> # "Logo" - the image specified by LogoPixmap
> # "Clock" - a neat analog clock (Default)
> LogoArea=None
>
> Then, change "=None" or whatever stands there, to "=Clock", type init
> 3; init 5 and enjoy :-)
>
> Greeting

Well, I don't have a /etc/kde but I think I know where the file is.  I
will try that later on.  There are a few things that still are not
working for me yet so I un-installed it for now.  I will save this for
another day tho.  It looked pretty cool but still need to wait a little
longer for me.

Thanks
much.

Dale