[kde-linux] KDM and changing the clock

Max K. overlord_3d at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:22:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:30:02 -0600
> From: rdalek1967 at gmail.com
> To: kde-linux at kde.org
> Subject: [kde-linux] KDM and changing the clock
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I use Gentoo Linux and have both KDE 3.5.10 and 4.2.0 installed.  My
> question is in regards to the clock on what I guess is still the KDM
> login screen.  This is the first screen that shows up after X starts and
> where you put in the login name and password.
>
> On mine, there is a clock in the bottom right corner that shows the hour
> and minutes.  I would like it to also show the seconds on that clock or
> change it to the analog clock that has the little hour, minute and
> second hands.  Either will be fine.

in /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc, look for the following lines:

# What should be shown in the greeter's logo are:
# "None" - nothing
# "Logo" - the image specified by LogoPixmap
# "Clock" - a neat analog clock (Default)
LogoArea=None

Then, change "=None" or whatever stands there, to "=Clock", type init 3; init 5 and enjoy :-)

Greeting