[kde-linux] update notifier

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:14:45 UTC 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009 21:49:50 paul s wrote:

Paul, Please don't top-post.  It does make it hard to follow a thread in the
archives.

> what i've noticed in System Settings --> Notifications --> System
> Notifications --> KPackaageKit is that the sound is checked yet there
> are no sound files in the rpm, perhaps something fails here?

Mine has a check-mark, but I've never pointed it to a sound that I want it to
use, as I prefer it silent.  Have you tried finding a sound that works?

> also the info icon is checked but is that sticky or something? maybe it
> just disappears once the notification event ends...

'Show a message in a popup'?  That would only show for a second or so, I
think.

> also do you have kpackagekit-smart-icon running in the background?

Not sure what that is, but if I'm guessing right, then it simply appears when
it has info for you.