[kde-linux] my thought about kde 4.2 (Anne Wilson)

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 00:36:30 UTC 2009

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:09:33 +0000
> Message: 2

> > I don't like it on KDE3, and I'm certainly not
> going to move to
> > KDE4 just to see if I dislike it less there.
>
> Did dolphin exist in KDE3?  I don't recall ever seeing
> it.

This reminds me on my experience with kubuntu. some stupid monkey made d3lphin - a kind of crippled version of dolphin - default in their kubuntu distro. This is perfect anti-advertisement, because people reported that under kde 4.2 dolphin is really nice

> If you choose not to use the additional features that
> dolphin offers you, that
> is your affair.  Just don't waste our time by talking
> about it as though you
> know about it.
>
> Anne

What the kde team missed this time is to make more publicity and what the users miss is a routine to update knowledge. And what kubnutu did in their 8.04 with dolphin or d3lphin is a "crime" from user perspective, but anyway who cares ...

regards

regards