[kde-linux] slow konqueror

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Fri Feb 6 19:06:34 UTC 2009

Hello Hello,

Why is konqueror so slow when desktop effects are enable? It seems any page I
view if I try scrolling with my mouse wheel is painfully slow. This is nothing
new, I just have not complained about it till now because I expected it was
not just me and that it would be fixed by now, in 4.2.0.

Granted my system is not a speed demon, it is a 1.6 GHz Core2Duo, and the
Intel GMA X3100 graphics, which seem to do nicely with most of the desktop
effects. However, scrolling in konqueror is almost unbearable!

The only desktop effects I really want are the shadows behind windows and cover
switch, so that is all that is enabled.

Is there something I can do to make konqueror faster, or is this just the way
kde is with desktop effects enabled?

- Nathan