[kde-linux] slow konqueror

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Fri Feb 6 19:31:26 UTC 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009 20:06:34 Nathan England wrote:
> Is there something I can do to make konqueror faster, or is this just the
> way kde is with desktop effects enabled?

uhm,
first off, I must admit I cannot give you any advice on how to make scrolling in
konqueror faster :-(
but yes, kde 4 is also overall sluggish like hell here with desktop effects
enabeled.
without, there has been improvement, though, from 4.0.x to 4.2 now.
still not as snappy as 3.5.x was, however.
anyway, there are indications that this will improve more with the upcoming qt
4.5 - let's hope for the best :)

werner