[kde-linux] D-Bus does not work with KDE 4.2 or is it something else? UPDATE

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Feb 2 06:46:12 UTC 2009

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> At least this is the best guess of my problem.

Probably not the correct guess.

Well, I tried the D-Bus monitor and the output looked OK.  So, I build
KDELibs, KDEPIMLibs, & KDEBase with Debug.  I went to debug it and
thought that I would try it first and now it works fine.  Right click
and the context menu pops right up -- it was taking over a minute to pop
up.  To say the least, I am perplexed.

Is there any reason to believe that the Debug build working correctly is
cause and effect, of if it was something else?