[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Fri Dec 25 15:44:54 UTC 2009

Am Friday 25 December 2009 15:36:03 schrieb Felix Miata:
> On 2009/12/25 14:52 (GMT+0100) Kevin Krammer composed:
> > On Friday, 2009-12-25, Werner Joss wrote:
> >> - kde4 is e.g. totally unusable on my 2.2 GHz AMD duron (1 GB RAM, sis
> >> graphics)...
> >
> > Quite strange, because I have a 1.8GHz Intel CPU, 1GB RAM, Intel 945GM
> > laptop  as my main machine and KDE is running fine.

sure, Kevin,
I agree with your comment on system component combinations
(hardware/drivers...) here, especially as the situation w.regard to intel
drivers has much improved meanwhile (see my blogpost
http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/php/wordpress/?p=137 on this topic).

> About the only things SiS gfx is good for are demonstrating how bad a video
> chip can perform compared to contemporary competitors

well, I won't pretend anything else, but it should be noted that
- the very same machine _flies_ with kde3
- there are still huge numbers of pc's with comparable specs out there which
are now (with kde4) even useless for simple web browsing/email etc.

werner