[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 25 14:36:03 UTC 2009

On 2009/12/25 14:52 (GMT+0100) Kevin Krammer composed:

> On Friday, 2009-12-25, Werner Joss wrote:

>> - kde4 is e.g. totally unusable on my 2.2 GHz AMD duron (1 GB RAM, sis
>> graphics)...

> Quite strange, because I have a 1.8GHz Intel CPU, 1GB RAM, Intel 945GM laptop
> as my main machine and KDE is running fine.

About the only things SiS gfx is good for are demonstrating how bad a video
chip can perform compared to contemporary competitors, and dropping
everything-on-the-motherboard price to the lowest point possible. It doesn't
help to use one with a mini-cached Duron either, or the DDR200 or 266 RAM
it's likely using.
--
"   We have no government armed with power capable of
contending with human passions unbridled by morality and

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/